As we listen and worship God through these songs, let the Spirit of God lift our spirits up from whatever situations we may be in (our difficulties, trials, worries about tomorrow) and as in Psalm 34:4 – “I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.” May God’s peace floods our souls.
Let’s FOCUS on:
- Without God we can do nothing – John 15:5c
- He’s the Source of Life because in Him, we live and move.
- We are His children – John 1:12 – But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.
- We lack nothing – Philippians 4:19 – And my God shall supply all our need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- He has provided us with a trustworthy “compass” – His Word that illuminates the pathways/directions in life for pursuing Him – Psalm 119:105 – Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- We are not left on our own – Deuteronomy 31: 6 – Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.
- As He is our Creator He knows what is best for us – Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Philippians 1:6 – being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
- Only Lord Jesus can fill the void in our lives – Colossians 2:10 – And you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
- He is our Peace. John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Help us in our daily walk with You – that our eyes are focus on You alone. Forgive us when we hurt you by our sinful ways. Help us to obey You for You know what is best for us. May this be our desire as in Psalm 40:8 – I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart.
In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.
Facing Life Storms – lesson from the Eagle:
“Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks? The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come.
When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages, below the eagle is soaring above it. The eagle does not escape the storm, it simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm.
when the storms of life come upon us .. and all of us will experience them… we can rise above them by setting our minds and our belief toward God.
The storms do not have to overcome us, we can allow God’s power to lift us above them. God enables us to ride the winds of the storm that bring sickness, tragedy, failure and disappointment into our lives. We can soar above the storm.
Remember, it is not the burdens of life that weigh us down, it is how we handle them.